Saturday, November 10, 2012

The Honeybadger Cake

You might have seen Little Bitey on my facebook page by now, but I wanted to post some more photos of him from different angles.



This is the view from the left side...You get a good look at the honeycomb here.





Here are his beady eyes.










And the fur on his back.










And for fun, here's his mouth without the cobra in it. It was kind of a shame to put the snake in his mouth, but oh well. The teeth, tongue, nose and fur were all made of modeling chocolate.









I'm working on a 3-D animal tutorial for my Etsy shop, and next week there's going to be a giveaway on my facebook page that uses this little guy's photo, so watch for it!


Kara Buntin owns A Cake To Remember LLC, custom wedding cakes in Richmond VA

4 comments:

BellaLovesPink said...

Would love to see step-by-step progress pics of this cake. Just amazing! Well done!

ChatterBlossom said...

You are amazing! And this is hilariously awesome! ;-)
Jamie
http://chatterblossom.blogspot.com/

Loving Traditions Cakery LLC said...

Hi Kara:
This cake is well done; and count me in on the tutorial for the 3D.
I also wanted to say a HUGE THANK YOU for all of your help; this last week. You went above and beyond customer service! It all worked out; and YOU were the very special part of the Wedding Cake. Thanks again,
Debbie

Kara Buntin said...

I'm glad that it worked out, Debbie. 99% of the time the mail works fine, other times it defies explanation.